Manage your Blog
Understanding the Notion Database
Notion Database is where most of the content is stored for Blogic. The database columns are designed in way that Blogic works really well with to store the content and also easy maintenance of the blog. We will dig into each column and understand what each does.
Name column is a Notion Page entry, in this column you will find a sub page where all the content exists. To modify any content inside the page, you will click on the
open button that is shown when hover your mouse on page name.
Link column is the url of the page. This applies for 3 types of urls.
Please make sure not to add the domain, this should contain only the page url. Also No spaces or any other symbols except dash(-).
- Post: When you want to create a blog post, you can add url that is easy to read for the users or Search Engine loves. For example if I am planning to create a blog on
Top 10 Home Automationsthen url can be
- Page: When you want to create a page, you can add url that is easy to read for the users or Search Engine loves. For example if I am planning to create a page on
Contact Usthen url can be
- External Link: When you want to link to a external site like twitter or facebook. For example if its twitter, you can add something like
https://twitter.com/vijaytupakula. This should be full url including the domain name.
Tags are for the blog posts only, You can enter as many as tags for each blog post. Visitors of the blog can also filter the blog posts using these tags. The words with color are the tags in the below image.
We have different types of pages and their placements on the blog. The following picture shows all the available types.
- Home: This is a home page, it's a regular page that you can add any content. If you want to make Blogs page as home page then please refer to
/home-with-blog-postspage inside the template
- Link: This is an external link, for example when you want to link to external sites like facebook, twitter or etc.
- Blog Home: This is a blog home page, it looks like this Blogic Demo page.
- Blog Post: This is a blog post page, it looks like this Blogic Post page.
- More: This will add the page link under
Moredropdown on the Header on the blog.
- Footer Link: This will add the page link in the Footer of the page.
- Header Link: This will add the page link in the Header of the page.
- Header Button: This will add the page link the Header of the page but as a button instead of link.
This is a published date for the blog posts, this can be modified to any date you want.
This will not be shown on the blog post but will have a track record fo the created date for that particular row.
This is the author of the blog post and will be shown on the blog post. To choose Author, the user should be already avilable on your Notion workspace.
This is the read time for each blog post, this will be shown in the blog post thumbnail card and also the blog post like below image.
This is for the related posts for each blog, you can choose related posts and it will be shown like in the image below.
This is a summary of the blog post, that can be added in the Blog post Card like below.
This checkbox will allow Blogic to know that particular page is published, without this your visitors won't be able to see the blog post.